We seek to enable understanding and vision for health and healing ministries in congregations and communities, assisting the movement toward spiritual wholeness in person, community and creation.
InterChurch Health Ministries (ICHM) Canada, is a registered Canadian charity consisting of congregations and parishes, community groups, and individuals working together to promote an understanding of the relationship between faith and health among their members and the wider community. Since 1995, this ministry has expanded in Ontario from five pilot congregations and Parish Nurses to become a national organization set-up to support parishes and congregations across Canada. We are funded by a combination of Partner and Member fees, individual gifts and fundraising events. Today, InterChurch Health Ministries (ICHM) Canada is a group of Christian congregations who share the belief that in the healing ministry of Jesus Christ we have a unique responsibility and contribution to make in the health of the community.
Grounded in Christian faith, InterChurch Health Ministries Canada promotes and supports Church Health Ministry and Parish Nursing that is provided through faith communities.
- Healing ministries following Christ’s example.
- Wholistic health for all, encompassing the physical, psychosocial and spiritual.
- Continued learning through education and support.
- Health and healing ministries that are congregationally driven, theologically based and mission focused.
- The inclusion of a parish nurse within a congregation’s ministry.
- Collaborative partnerships to promote healthy communities.
A Health and Healing Ministry in every congregation.
We believe that we are not so much leading the development of a Health and Healing Ministry as we ourselves are being led. We believe that a Health and Healing Ministry in which the Parish Nurse is a key component is a unique ministry whose time has come. We believe this is a remarkable opportunity for ministry as we creatively search for paths to take us faithfully into the future.