National Education committee
The National Education Committee exists to promote quality and consistency in the parish nursing ministry education programs ICHM Canada provides and/or supports in Toronto and Waterloo in Ontario and Saskatoon in Saskatchewan. Meetings include the sharing of ideas and experiences, common issues and regional differences. The work of the committee includes the development and revision of policies and procedures for the education programs as well as the forming of ad hoc committees as needed to review specific matters of interest to the committee (e.g. procedures for Documentation for Parish Nurses). Recommendations are made by the committee and presented to the Board of Directors for discussion and ratification.
The committee membership consists of the National Education Director, the Regional Parish Nurse Coordinators, a representative of the ICHM Canada Board of Directors and three members at large with related expertise. The Executive Director and the two Regional Directors may also attend committee meetings which are held by teleconference at least once a year or more frequently as necessary.
Following are the current members of the National Education Committee:
- Dr. Gail Brimbecom, National Education Director
- Karen Marks, Interim Executive Director and Parish Nurse Coordinator
- Judy Johnson, Regional Parish Nurse Coordinator, ICHM-SK
- Gertrude Karapita, Parish Nurse, member at large
- Phyllis Matheson, member at large
- Dr. Joseph Waters, past board chair, member at large
- ICHM Canada board representative - TBA