Recently I attended a “baking class” conducted by a dietician and nutritionist. It was fun and we made a variety of “Healthy Desserts”. This one was my favourite.
Serves up to 16
300 grams Plain vanilla wafer cookies or graham cracker crumbs
1⁄4 cup (60 ml) Margarine, non-hydrogenated, melted
2 tbsp Water
2 large Egg whites. Lightly beaten
250 gr Cream cheese (light), softened
1/3 cup 75 ml Sugar
1 tsp 5 ml Vanilla
1 cup Strawberries, fresh, sliced
1⁄2 cup 125 ml Blueberries, fresh
1 cup 250 ml Peaches, canned, sliced
1 medium Kiwi, peeled, sliced
3 tbsp 46 ml Marmalade
2 tsp 10 ml Water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Process cookies in food processor until they are fine crumbs
3. Combine the crumbs, margarine, water and egg whites in a medium bowl. Press the crust on the bottom of a
12” round pizza pan. Bake in oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let crust cool.
4. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together. Spread over cooled crust.
5. Arrange fruit on crust. Alternate strawberries and blueberries on the outer edge of the pan. Arrange peaches and kiwi next.
6. Prepare glaze by combining marmalade and water. Brush mixture over surface of the fruit. Chill before serving.
Nutrition information per serving:
Fat 8 grams
Carbohydrates 26 grams
Fibre 1 gram
Protein 3 grams
Sodium 188 milligrams